Erbium-YAG Laser (ER:YAG)
Erbium-YAG is a skin resurfacing laser that refines your skin texture and also reduces your skin pigmentation. ER:YAG can be performed in two methods; firstly, a full ablative mode that resurfaces the entire skin surface and secondly, a fractional mode where the laser beams are arrayed into columns, creating tiny microscopic epidermal necrotic debris on the skin that allows a faster healing process than the earlier method.
What Erbium YAG can do?
- Improve appearance of scars (acne scars and hypertrophic scars)
- Improve skin texture and reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce appearance of large pore size
- Improve skin tone in sun-damaged and ageing skin (sun spots)
- Stimulate collagen production for facial rejuvenation
- Vaginal tightening and urinary incontinence
What to expect and do after treatment
The skin reaction after treatment varies upon the mode that has been used.
- Ablative mode: expect to experience roughness and darkening of the skin for the first 7-10 days after treatment whilst the skin sheds off, the new skin will replace the old skin, giving a clearer and smoother skin.
- Fractional mode: expect small lines of dotted dark spots/wounds on the treated area for 3-5 days, then the skin will slowly slough off.
- Simultaneously after the treatment there will be some redness and swelling, which will slowly subside within a couple of hours. Avoid washing the wound and only dap off the excess serum on the wound by using a clean gauze or cotton wool.
- Twenty-four hours after treatment, you may wash your face or clean it with normal saline twice daily, in the morning and evening. Then apply the antibiotic ointment or Vaseline as prescribed for at least 3-4 times a day or as often as you can.
- Avoid cleaning with an alcohol swab.
- After the scabs have completely removed, you may start using a sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection with SPF at least 50 to prevent post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (a common side effect of dark pigmentation, occurring after a laser procedure).
- Avoid direct sun exposure and outdoor activities, such as going to the beach and playing outdoor sports. Otherwise, use an umbrella or wear a large hat for at least 1-2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid using any kind of exfoliation at least a couple of weeks after treatment.
นัดปรึกษาปัญหา หรือสอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม คลิก!